- Strategies to Reduce Spray Drift. Kansas State University fact sheet.
- Equipment to Reduce Spray Drift. Kansas State University fact sheet.
- Best Management Practices for Boom Spraying. Ohio State University fact sheet.
- Planning Tree Windbreaks in Missouri. University of Missouri fact sheet.
Online Educational Programs
- Herbicide Tolerant Crops Stewardship. University of Illinois self-paced course that explains particle and vapor drift, auxin injury, and how to avoid and handle off-target effects.
- Reducing Pesticide Drift U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- National Agricultural Aviation Association
The web-based program, Driftwatch, encourages growers of pesticide-averse crops,
or organic crops, to register the locations of their fields in a database maintained by a
central agency. Applicators are also urged to register, and to then check the website’s
database for listed areas before beginning spraying. Registered applicators also receive
email messages alerting them to new drift-sensitive fields that may be recently added
to the database.
Initial compilation courtesy of Jim Wilson, PhD.