This module presents information on Pesticide Spills. Preventing spills should be the first priority of every pesticide user. Education of pesticide handlers, and advance planning, are key elements for spill prevention and spill cleanup.
There are many resources on these pages, so be sure to click on the links to see web pages with important information.
The spill topics covered are:
- Introduction to Spill Management — Spills defined and spill management introduced.
- Spill Prevention — Education and planning needed to prevent spills.
- Contingency Planning — Contingency plans prepare your response to an emergency such as a spill.
- Spill Notification — When and who to notify after a spill.
- Crisis Management — Focus on safety, spill security and containment.
- Spill Cleanup — How to clean and remove the spill.
- Disposal of Spill Materials — What to do with collected spill.
- Sorbents — Information on sorbents used to soak up spills.
- Spill Decontamination — Examples of spill treatments.
- Spill Kit Contents — Suggestions for kit content.
- Spill Quiz Module — Test knowledge of spills.
- More Spill Information sources — Other sources of information on pesticide spills.
Compiled by Ron Gardner