- The Plant Management Network has produced the Soybean Fungicide Resistance Hub, a central destination for valuable information on soybean fungicide management.
- The Fungicide Resistance Action Committee (FRAC) is a Specialist Technical Group of CropLife International that provides fungicide resistance management guidelines to prolong the effectiveness of “at risk” fungicides and to limit crop losses should resistance occur.
Topics Included in this Module
- Fungicide Terms to Know — Understand the terms that describe fungicide activity and resistance development
- Is Resistance to Blame? — Most fungicide failures are not likely due to resistance.
- Mechanisms of Fungicide Resistance — There are several ways that populations of fungi become resistant.
- Raised Resistance Risks — The fungicide mode of action can determine the likelihood and speed of resistance development
- Proactive Fungicide Resistance Avoidance — Use diverse disease control tactics to help avoid resistance.
- Spraying by the Numbers — Fungicides with similar modes of action could exhibit cross resistance. One way to avoid this is by rotating chemically dissimilar fungicides.
- How to Manage Fungicide Resistance — If fungicide resistance is confirmed or highly suspected, diverse approaches to managing resistance need to be incorporated