- Dispelling Common Misconceptions about Superweeds (fact sheet) —
Weed Science Society of America Press Release 10/8/2014
- International survey of herbicide resistant weeds www.weedscience.org
- Classification of herbicides according to Site of Action — http://www.hracglobal.com/pages/classificationofherbicidesiteofaction.aspx
- Guideline to the management of herbicide resistance — http://www.hracglobal.com/pages/managementofherbicideresistance.aspx
- Detecting herbicide resistance — http://www.hracglobal.com/pages/detectingherbicideresistance.aspx
- Herbicide Resistant Weeds —
- Farmers Battle Herbicide Resistance with Harvest-Time Weed Seed Controls —
Weed Science Society of America Press Release Nov. 5, 2014
- Resistance by the Numbers — PowerPoint presentation by John Stone, Michigan State University. 2015.
Compiled by Dr. Wayne Buhler, PhD.
Topics Included in this Module
- Introduction to Herbicide Resistance
- Herbicide Resistance Terms to Know — Understand the difference between population shift and resistance as well as other concepts.
- Is Herbicide Resistance to Blame? — Resistance is not the only cause of weed control failure.
- Incidence and History of Herbicide Resistance — Resistance to one or more of 25 herbicide families has been observed in the U.S.
- Mechanisms of Herbicide Resistance— How does resistance develop in a population?
- Proactive Herbicide Resistance Management — Methods to help slow or prevent the development of herbicide resistance.
- How to Manage Herbicide Resistance — What you can do if resistance is already a problem
- Herbicide Spraying by the Numbers — Use information on pesticide labels to rotate herbicide “families”
- Resources and Suggested Reading — Additional information about herbicide resistance.
- Resistance Lessons — Resistance lessons provided courtesy of the Weed Science Society of America