- Dispelling Common Misconceptions about Superweeds (fact sheet) —
Weed Science Society of America Press Release 10/8/2014
- International survey of herbicide resistant weeds www.weedscience.org
- Farmers Battle Herbicide Resistance with Harvest-Time Weed Seed Controls —
Weed Science Society of America Press Release Nov. 5, 2014
- Resistance by the Numbers — PowerPoint presentation by John Stone, Michigan State University. 2015.
The following herbicide resistance training lessons for agronomic crops are provided courtesy of the Weed Science Society of America. Go to WSSA.net for information on how you can use the actual slides for educational purposes. Note: Advance the slides in these lessons by using the advance arrow at the bottom of the slides or your keyboard.
Download link for each training module (PPSX format):
- LESSON 1: Current Status of Herbicide Resistance
LESSON 2: How Herbicides Work
LESSON 3: What is Herbicide Resistance?
LESSON 4: Scouting After a Herbicide Application and Confirming Herbicide Resistance
LESSON 5: Principles of Managing Herbicide Resistance
Topics Included in this Module
- Herbicide Resistance Terms to Know — Understand the difference between population shift and resistance as well as other concepts.
- Is Herbicide Resistance to Blame? — Resistance is not the only cause of weed control failure
- Incidence and History of Herbicide Resistance — Resistance to one or more of 25 herbicide families has been observed in the U.S.
- Mechanisms of Herbicide Resistance— How does resistance develop in a population?
- Proactive Herbicide Resistance Management — Methods to help slow or prevent the development of herbicide resistance.
- How to Manage Herbicide Resistance — What you can do if resistance is already a problem
- Herbicide Spraying by the Numbers — Use information on pesticide labels to rotate herbicide “families”
- Resources and Suggested Reading — Additional information about herbicide resistance.