For diagnostic tests see: Insecticide Resistance Management Committee (IRAC) or Agdia Testing Services
Understanding Insecticide Mode of Action in Crop Protection Strategies. A PowerPoint presentation was given by Dr. Caydee Savinelli, IRAC. North Carolina Crop Protection School. 2015.
Topics Included in this Module
- Introduction to Insecticide Resistance
- Is Resistance to Blame? — Resistance is not the only reason for insect control failure.
- Raised Resistance Risks — Conditions that favor increased potential for resistance to develop and spread.
- Insecticide Resistance Mechanisms — There are several ways that insect populations can become resistant to insecticides.
- Take Steps to Avoid Insecticide Resistance — Ways to slow and prevent insecticide resistance from developing.
- Spraying by the Numbers — Insecticide classification scheme that distinguishes modes of action by group numbers.
- What can you do about Resistant Insects? — What you can do if resistance is already present.