For diagnostic tests see: Insecticide Resistance Management Committee (IRAC) or Agdia Testing Services
Understanding Insecticide Mode of Action in Crop Protection Strategies. PowerPoint presentation given by Dr. Caydee Savinelli, IRAC. North Carolina Crop Protection School. 2015.
Topics Included in this Module
- Introduction to Insecticide Resistance
- Is Resistance to Blame? — Resistance is not the only reason for insect control failure.
- Raised Resistance Risks — Conditions that favor increased potential for resistance to develop and spread.
- Insecticide Resistance Mechanisms — There are several ways that insect populations can become resistant to insecticides.
- Take Steps to Avoid Insecticide Resistance — Ways to slow and prevent insecticide resistance from developing.
- Spraying by the Numbers — Insecticide classification scheme that distinguishes modes of action by group numbers.
- What can you do about Resistant Insects? — What you can do if resistance is already present.